SmART Leaders Peer Leader
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Peer Leader will serve as a mentor of Casita Maria’s SmART Leaders program. S/he will be responsible for interacting with participants engaging with the day-to-day operations of Casita Maria’s SmART Leaders program designed to elevate the collective power and voices of young women of color for personal and social transformation. The Peer Leader will work with the Program Coordinator to design and implement a yearlong program that promotes the wellbeing and leadership of young women of color as change agents through the lens of art and justice. The Peer Leader will assist the Coordinator in leading the successful implementation of an art and education, asset based program model to develop leadership and cultural pride among young women. Each Peer Leader will guide 6-7 young women of color. Peer Leaders will mentor a team of young women participants throughout the program year, and several Teaching Artists and Teaching Activists who will provide support and guidance to the curriculum and instruction to the participants, as well as assist with the culminating event of a youth summit. The Peer Leader will help the Coordinator successfully implement the three phases of the program including the education, training and mobilizing phases and ensure a successful summit is organized. Finally the Peer Leader will help organize the year end celebration of the participants, where each participant will be giving the opportunity to share the natural beauty they have uncovered in being a women of color.
The candidate will have superior understanding of serving young women of color and the roots of systemic inequities that impact young women, as well as an understanding of asset based programs designed to develop and enhance critical thinking and life skills toward lifelong civic engagement. The candidate will have superb interpersonal skills. S/he will be excellent at follow-through and adept at managing a multitude of details. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter who will help lead Casita Maria in becoming an innovator in vibrant, participatory creative youth development programming.
- Oversee programming, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy and objectives.
- Assist in organizing community summit hosted by Casita Maria.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partners, colleagues, parents and stakeholders.
- Represent Casita Maria at meetings and conferences as needed.
- Attend team meetings to discuss programming collaboration.
- Assist in program reports as needed.
- Ensure excellent maintenance of participant data as needed.
- Collaborate in marketing of program as needed.
- Provide support to Program Coordinator as needed.
- Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused environment.
- Exceptional writing as well as clear verbal communications skills required.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic about working with young women of color, LGBTQ youth and Bronx community.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis.
- Highly professional and committed to excellence.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Word, Excel, and Internet research required.
Job Type: Part-time
Please send your resume with "smART Leaders Peer Leader" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org