The Program Coordinator will serve as the primary coordinator for the after-school program site they are responsible for. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and managing the after-school activities of that site, ensuring that all students are safe, engaged and well cared for. S/he will be responsible for related outreach for the program. The Program Coordinator will work with the Associate Director of Programs to design and implement a strategic programming plan to begin and grow these programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee after-school education at after school site, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy, and objectives.
- Manage, create a calendar for, coordinate, and implement after-school program site.
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Education Programs, hire, manage and evaluate group leaders, program aides, and teaching artists.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with schools, and parents
- Conduct monthly staff meetings with all staff.
- Attend staff meetings with Associate Director of Education Programs
- Submit end of program reports for the program.
- Coordinate recruitment of students, follow up with parents on student performance and ensure numbers are being met.
- Ensures the consistent maintenance of all program documentation.
- Oversee the maintenance of all program participant data and files.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience (including managerial experience and teaching experience in NYC public schools); Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with economically and educationally disadvantaged youth with a sound understanding of the social and cultural issues facing urban families.
- Supervisory Experience, Team Building
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills required; clear verbal communications skills required.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Integrity, professional discretion, and professionalism.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Word, Excel, and Internet research required.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in an office environment
- Frequently sits and stands for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional walking, lifting, stooping, and bending
- May require walking up flights of stairs
Vacation, Sick and Personal Days, Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts and Retirement Plan.
Please send your resume with Program Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com