Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, Program Aides are responsible for the assiting the Group Leader in planning, organization and implementation of high quality afterschool activities for Casita’s youth.
This person will have superior interpersonal skills. S/he will be superb at follow-through, as well as adept at managing a multitude of details. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter who will be creative in the classroom, constantly engaging youth in learning activities.
- Escort children to designated activities.
- Assist Group Leaders in classroom management.
- Assist in supervising children at ALL times.
- Assist in the distribution of snack.
- Ensure clean up of classrooms at the end of each day.
- Ensure that all chairs are taken down at beginning of each day.
- Assist Group Leader with all tasks.
- Assist Group Leader with homework assistance daily.
- Support Group Leaders’ lesson plans for after school activities.
- When working with a teaching artist, appropriately support their work and encourage students to engage in activities.
- Support Group Leader in maintaining a structured environment with his/her classroom that is conducive to learning, whether children are at work or play.
- Use open-ended questions, allow for student choice, use appropriate praise techniques, and ensure that children are always engaged in the classroom.
- Perform additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the Group Leader, After School Manager, Program Director and Executive Director.
- High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Integrity, professional discretion and professionalism.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with children with educational or emotional special needs.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Enjoy working with children with an understanding of youth development.
Please send your resume with Program Aide in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org