Under the supervision of the After School Manager, Group Leaders are responsible for the planning, organization and implementation of high quality afterschool and summer activities for Casita’s youth. Group Leaders serve as role models with high expectations for youth.
This person will have superior interpersonal skills. S/he will be superb at follow-through, as well as adept at managing a multitude of details. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter who will be creative in the classroom, constantly engaging youth in learning activities.
- Supervise assigned Program Aide(s).
- Maintain daily attendance and prepare monthly attendance reports.
- Provide homework assistance daily.
- Create lesson plans weekly for after school activities.
- When working with a teaching artist, appropriately support their work and encourage students to engage in activities.
- Maintain a structured environment with his/her classroom that is conducive to learning, whether children are at work or play.
- Use open-ended questions, allow for student choice, use appropriate praise techniques, and ensure that children are always engaged in the classroom.
- Supervise children at ALL times.
- Sit with children during snack times and engage them in discussion.
- Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the After School Manager, Program Director and Executive Director.
- High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Integrity, professional discretion and professionalism.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with children with educational or emotional special needs.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Enjoy working with children with an understanding of youth development.
Please send your resume with Group Leader in the subject line to email@example.com