Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Associate Director of Programs will serve as the primary manager of Casita Maria’s Art and Education programs. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day operations of Casita Maria programs that serve diverse communities including young people, families and the larger community. The Associate Director will work with the Director of Programs to design and implement a strategic programming plan to strengthen and grow creative arts and education programs. The Associate Director will lead in the successful implementation of artistic endeavors central to Casita Maria art and education efforts.
- Oversee partnerships, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy, and objectives.
- Being an unstoppable problem solver.
- Coaching of staff for excellence in programming and the utmost level of professionalism.
- Provide budget analysis for staffing and purchases.
- Interview, manage and evaluate, group leader, program aide and teaching artist staff for artistic programs.
- Manage community activities hosted by Casita Maria
- Manage all DOH, DYCD, and DOE compliance matters.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with schools, teachers, parents, and stakeholders.
- Represent Casita Maria at meetings and conferences as needed
- Facilitate team meetings to discuss programming collaboration.
- Prepare program reports.
- Monitoring program ROP.
- Coaching and supporting staff with lesson plans and program schedules.
- Support education department with the maintenance of participant data and files.
- Support education department with programming and events.
- Provide additional support to Director of Programs and Program Coordinators as needed.
- Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in education required and 3-5 years experience in managing arts and educational programs.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Word, Excel, and Internet research required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Knowledge of the DYCD funded after-school programs and expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure with a sense of humor
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Have strong organizational skills and a flexible attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under frequent observation
- Integrity, professional discretion and professionalism
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in an office environment
- Frequently sits for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, and bending
Casita Maria offers a competitive salary in addition to health benefits, flexible spending/transit, retirement plan, vacation and holidays.
Please send your resume with Associate Director of Programs in the subject line to email@example.com